YNPN RVA, powered by ConnectVA, is the local chapter of the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network.
What is YNPN RVA?
YNPN RVA cultivates a community of future nonprofit leaders through networking and professional development opportunities that build on individual strengths and talents. We envision a rising generation of diverse, empowered, and highly engaged nonprofit leaders that will work collaboratively to strengthen our sector, and in turn, the Richmond region.
YNPN RVA Events
There are currently no upcoming events scheduled
Membership through YNPN RVA connects young and early career nonprofit professionals to a community of like-minded, socially-conscious members who interact through social and professional development. YNPN RVA provides opportunities to gain knowledge and experiences to help you develop as a person and a professional while building a network of peers and mentors to support your growth in the nonprofit sector.
Members in YNPN RVA will:
- Build their brand by analyzing, developing and strengthening an authentic representation of themselves as a person and professional
- Build their network by forming meaningful connections to peers and seasoned professionals
- Build their career with planning tools and advancement insights into the local nonprofit sector ultimately helping them grow and develop as a professional
Yearly memberships are $35 for individuals, $20 for students, and $250 for organizations (includes memberships for up to 10 employees). These prices/memberships run from Jan to Dec. Learn more below.
What Can I Expect During the Year?
YNPN RVA Members and non-members can expect monthly opportunities to build their brand, network and career in various formats like, workshops, panel discussions, networking opportunities, happy hours, fun local activities and more! Beginning in April, we’re even offering a monthly Members-Only Nonprofit Articles Club – where we’ll share, read and have engaging conversations on interesting topics relevant to our lives and careers at different coffee shops around the city in the morning before work.
We expect to offer 20+ events next year and MEMBERS get into ALL for FREE (otherwise $10 for most events) on top of all the other benefits of being a member – click buttons above for more details!
Here’s a snapshot of programming in 2019! Subject to change. More details coming soon!
|January||Happy Hour + Professional Development||Network|
|February||Professional Development||Plans + Goals|
|April||Member-Only Happy Hour||N/A|
|June||Professional Development||Diversity + Inclusion|
|July||Happy Hour + Professional Development||Wellness|
|August||Professional Development||People Management|
|September||Member-Only Happy Hour Event||N/A|
|December||Happy Hour||YNPN RVA’s Birthday Party|
|Starting in April, we’ll hold a monthly Member-Only Nonprofit Articles Club at a local coffee shop in the morning!|
How Can I Get Involved?
- Join us at our next event and become a member!
- Register on connectva.org to receive comprehensive updates on nonprofit jobs, community events, news, YNPN RVA updates etc.
- Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ynpnrva
- Follow us on Twitter @YNPNRVA
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any administrative questions
Subscribe to Event Information
YNPN RVA Leadership Team
- Mollie Brooks, Genworth (Co-Chair)
- Erica Babcock, Startup Virginia (Co-Chair)
- Michael Parsons, Peter Paul Development Center (Secretary)
- Liz Rennie Lungut, Community Foundation (Staff)
- Gabrielle Jones, WCVE Community Idea Stations (Communication Co-Chair)
- Stephanie Hathaway, Soles4Souls (Communication Co-Chair)
- Kathy Greenier, Floricane (Membership Co-Chair)
- Elise Kindya (Membership Co-Chair)
- Victoria Jackson, SPARC (Programs Co-Chair)
- Desiree Jenkins, National Counseling Group (Programs Co-Chair)