Learning and Leadership
Strong, skilled leaders are essential to building sustainable nonprofit organizations and a healthy, thriving community. The Community Foundation’s learning and leadership offerings are designed with a commitment to continuous learning, high-quality programming and an exceptional learner experience. In creating and promoting curriculum, we strive to connect learners to industry-leading subject matter experts as our facilitators and instructors. Together, our goal is to provide you with current and compelling insights, information and tools that can be applied to your work immediately.
The Learning Center
In the Learning Center you’ll find a variety of learning and networking opportunities and online resources for nonprofit staff and board members, throughout the year. You can manage your learning experience in one place at your convenience, explore upcoming offerings, register for events, access course content and more.
You must be a registered/signed in user of ConnectVA to register for a course in the Learning Center
Here are the steps to getting started if you aren’t registered:
1) Register on ConnectVA with your name and current email address
2) Create a password and sign in with link sent to your email
3) Update your ConnectVA personal profile
- open your dashboard (expand lime green button on left)
- click on “GO TO YOUR PROFILE” and click “Edit” to update
4) Proceed to the Learning Center and click “Login” (top right) to activate your Learning Center Account
5) Click on your desired course.
Please note: Do not register for a course on behalf of someone else, please ask them to follow these steps to register themselves.
Questions? Read our Learning Center FAQs!
Additional Learning and Leadership Opportunities in RVA
Learn more about our local learning partners in nonprofit management and leadership:
- Institute On Philanthropy at University of Richmond
- The Spark Studio by the Spark Mill
- Leadership Metro Richmond
- Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities (VCIC)
- Chrysalis Institute
View local nonprofit management and leadership learning opportunities in our community on the ConnectVA Community Calendar: