‘Tis the season for giving back, and ConnectVA is working with HandsOn Greater Richmond to help funnel all the goodwill in our community to our nonprofit organizations and partners. Be sure to review their Holiday Volunteer Opportunities to find special ways to give back during the 2013 holiday season.
Here are some alternative holiday volunteering ideas from our friends at HandsOn Greater Richmond that you can also consider:
- Visit HandsOn’s DIY Volunteering for project you can make or do at home to benefit a nonprofit.
- Doing a secret Santa or other gift exchange? Ask for or give the gift charity instead. Tell your coworkers or family you’d like a donation in the name of your favorite cause instead (check out ConnectVA’s Donate page for more information)
- Plan a family or group shopping trip for non-perishable food items now, and keep the items until January, when shelves are often in need, and then donate them.
- Make treats for nonprofits themselves – contact your favorite agency that provides a much-needed service and offer to give small gifts or gift cards, or make snacks or a lunchtime meal for the employees of that organization.
- Answer a wish list. Ask a nonprofit that serves your favorite cause for a wish list. Purchase items that will support their services year round (check out ConnectVA’s Organization Directory to find an organization to contact).
HandsOn Greater Richmond provides a link for individuals, families, teams, and corporate groups to join together and engage in meaningful volunteer opportunities within the Greater Richmond region. It is a partner program of ConnectVA.